Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dressed-up jeans day

Jeans at my office aren't a "casual Friday" thing, it's an any-day thing. But for me, it tends to be an "I took the bus today" thing. Which I did today, of course. So I tried to dress these jeans up a little bit with a jacket. Of course, I'll never look as dressed up in jeans as Alternations Needed's Kelly in her jeans & jackets, but then, my style is not that preppy.

What I'm wearing today:
Black jacket with piped seams, Speigel
Black & white stripey T-shirt, Express
Black jeans, Levis
Black & white stripey socks, unknown brand
Black wedge shoes, Dockers
Silver chunky bead choker, Target
Black & white stripey bead earrings, Kohl's
Grey flower hair pin, random accessory story
Bright red lipstick, MAC



Do you wear jeans to work? Do you try to dress them up?

3 comments:

  1. I always mix my black & white stripey socks with my black & white stripey top :D.

    You look lovely! I love stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great casual outfit! I'm always leery of closer-fitting pants, but those look great on you!

    I have a number of black/dark rinse trouser jeans that I wear to work. I will usually pair them with a structured jacket or button-down shirt to balance them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madame Macabre - Who can resist stripes???

    LovleAnjel - Thanks! These are my attempt at skinny jeans (even tho' I am far from skinny ;-).

    ReplyDelete