Monday, September 15, 2014

CorpGoth Mid-Month Status Report: A Suitable Jacket

This month's status report is about suits, including blazers and suit jackets. Since I work in perpetually casual Silicon Valley, I don't actually own a suit -- check out The Oatmeal's hilariously accurate depiction of the differences between wearing a suit to work on the East Coast of the U.S. and the West Coast.

However, being a fancy-pants goth gal, I tend to dress a little more formally than my coworkers, and I have lots of suit jackets. Today, I wanted to feature one with a few twists on the ordinary.

First, this blazer is made of stretch denim, so it has a more casual vibe. Second, it has romantic belled sleeves. While I'm sure this was intended as a casual, weekend-wear piece, I love pairing this jacket with work-wear, dressing it up for a "suit" that fits in with both the Valley's mellow attitude and my own aesthetic.

Do you wear suits or suit jackets to work? Share your status report in the comments!

What I'm wearing: Dark grey jacket, Newport News | Black sheath dress, Target | Black stripe lace stockings, unknown brand | Purple suede pumps, Aerosoles | Black bat necklace, Walgreens | Black & purple crystal dangly earrings, random accessory store

No comments:

Post a Comment