Thursday, March 28, 2013

Subtle Pattern Mixing - Stripes & Cats

I love this dress so very much, even tho' you can't see much of it in the photo. It fits like a dream, which it should, being custom-made. But also the fabric is perfect, a mystery blend with the tiniest bit of stretch. I got the fabric from a friend who was de-stashing & just giving it away. Then my friend Donna made it up into this dress so perfectly.

The grey-brown color with pinstripes picks up the off-white tone of the cats in this scarf very well. Again, not something you can probably see in the photo, so just trust me. While I do blog these outfits, I just wear them to make me happy. And the combo, all set off with a little pop of burgundy, does exactly that.

What I'm wearing:
Grey pinstripe dress, Original Sin Designs
Burgundy velveteen jacket, Kohls (with vintage jet buttons added by me)
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Black ribbon-tie pumps, Clarks
Black & white cat-print scarf, Etsy, gift from my husband
Black & gold earrings, Forever 21
Revlon "Raisin Rage" lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment