Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Status Report: March Foward

Work shoes! Sure, I have tons of shoes, but what shoes do I wear mostly at the office? They have to be both comfortable & stylish, & the shoes must look professional while not being too boring. I've zeroed in on the ideal model in today's pair: a squared-toe, ankle-strap pump with a blocky heel of no more than 2" height. I have similar shoes with rounded toes or spool heels or louie heels as well.

Basically, they're all not too pointy in the toe, not too spindly or tall in the heel, & I prefer an ankle strap to secure them, due to my wide foot/narrow heel. I can wear this kind of shoe all day, I can walk 4 blocks to/from the bus stop or out to lunch, I can walk up & down stairs, & the shoe looks great with anything in my closet, whether skirts or pants.


I also wear a lot of dressy boots to work, such as ankle boots with a low heel or tall, flat boots, in fall & winter, of course. And I have quite a few kitten-heel pumps, which are practically as comfortable as flats.

What I'm wearing:
Black knit dress, Target
Black & purple stripe cardigan, Old Navy
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Black pumps, second-hand
Black, silver, & crystal necklace, random accessory store
Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store


What's your favorite shoe to wear to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment