Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trying to Stay Calm

While life goes crazy all around. This is a very easy outfit -- soft knits, comfy sweater, laid-back accessories, simple hairdo, almost-flat shoes. Doesn't require much effort but still looks decent for the office.

Which is good because my work schedule has been insane due to the Olympics (I'm editing anything Olympics-related for the duration), plus I'm trying to squeeze in a trip to my beloved annual costume conference, where I'll be teaching a hands-on class, meanwhile our house is being painted & a window's being repaired & these relatively minor disturbances have set off our older cat into a fury of messy protestations.

Oh, & while you'd think this stuff would end after August 12, nope, I'm sewing some (simple) garments for the incoming Queen of the West in the SCA, which she needs mid-August, & helping plan a huge theme party for the end of August. And then it's on to September & October's mayhem of several renfaires for the Venetian courtesan group I've started performing with, so that requires mucho practice & some refinement of my costume (especially the hair). Finally, in early November, I'm running a huge educational conference for the SCA which includes a historical feast with performances. And new costumes for myself & my husband. Whew.


Yeah, no rest for the wicked, that's my motto ;-)

What I'm wearing:
Black knit dress, Target
Black & white striped sweater, Chadwicks
Black with grey skulls scarf, gift from my husband
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Black kitten-heel shoes with tiny buckles, Aldo
Black & white striped dangle earrings, Kohl's


4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like life is crazy! Editing anything Olympics? OMG so fun (although I'm sure you don't think so). I'm kind of an Olympics freak. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skulls on your scarf are so subtle that I almost missed them. What a great gift! I like your updo - very cool for summer. Best of luck with all the craziness at work and at home. As a new homeowner, I can relate. Wow! It's overwhelming at times. All the more reason for kitten heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually love the Olympics! Just this year, their schedule is making my life crazy (also, editing even more than I used to for the games means spoilers :-).

    ReplyDelete