Monday, August 20, 2012

Maxi for Work

I've had this maxi skirt for months & have been wearing the heck out of it on weekends. It's insanely comfortable & rather stylish. The length is just barely right for me -- it's a high-low hem so the the front is just right on 5'2" me but the back brushes the ground when I wear flats. That doesn't bother me for casual wear, but I knew I'd need to wear a bit of a heel to make it feel less casual, random, & more office-appropriate.  And, as always, a structured jacket makes the outfit OK for work.

What I'm wearing:
Black jacket with piping, Speigel | Black T-shirt, Old Navy | Black & grey pinstripe knit maxi skirt, Nordstrom | Black velvet ankle-strap wedges, Payless Shoe Source |  Pewter cross necklace, bought at Mont St. Michele, France | Pewter key earrings, made by me

Side note: I am *SO* jealous of all the bloggers who have someone else (a sig.other, a friend, whoever) to take their outfit photos! And likewise, all the bloggers who have a well-lit studio & backdrop to take outfit photos in!


I have about 5 minutes in the morning before work to get these pictures done. While I have a decent camera (a Canon G9), I have to use a tripod, &, as you can tell, I'm taking photos in my backyard to get some light (because the interior of my house is batcave dark).


But I'm dependent on whatever sun & shadow mix is available, & it's very tricky. If I had more time, I could probably adjust the camera settings more, but the light changes every day & with the seasons, & as I said, I only have about 5 minutes each morning. I have a few more minutes in the evening to tweak the pix in Photoshop, so I try to do what I can there.


It's just frustrating because I'll have what I think is a great outfit, but then I can't get decent photos of it. Ah well.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great look on you, and that is one flattering skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's great to find such a comfy & cute piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit, and those are sweet shoes. :D

    ReplyDelete