Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stripey Madness

I was thinking about some of my favorite wardrobe pieces, & this skirt & this cardigan came to mind. Both stripey, both beloved. So why not try them together? Particularly for summer, they're a breezy blend of light colors & dynamic movement. The buckles on these shoes even add to the stripey effect.

This is easily the most wild I've gone with pattern mixing. Am I making your eyes bleed? Or do you think this is good, wacky fun? Let me know what you think, good or bad!

What I'm wearing:
Black & white stripe skirt, Black House White Market | Black cardigan, Target | Black & pink cardigan, Macy's | Black buckled wedges, Kohl's | Black, silver, & crystal choker, random accessory store | Black & white striped bead earrings, Kohl's




5 comments:

  1. For me personally there is no such thing as too many stripes! I love the top and skirt mix, and you went all Olympic gold on me with the added details of striped ear-ring adn the stripe effect of the sandals. Brilliant my dear! Also, thank you for your recent comment- most appreciated! xo. -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covet your cardigan. I always forget to look at Macy's for things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macy's is my go-to for petites (bec. I hate hemming), & also Black House White Market, since everything is the perfect colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very conservative as far as patterns go. I'm short and round I always feel like an overdressed sofa when I wear them, however, I have to say I love this look on you and I may have to reconsider my lack of stripes in my life;-).

    ReplyDelete