Monday, August 13, 2012

The Professor's Monthly Homework: Purses & Bags

The Prof asked about our purses & bags, so first, my everyday purse: a big, black leather slouchy hobo bag by Jessica Simpson, decorated with some nice, punky metal accents. It has a bunch of pockets inside (vital for me!) & is holding up pretty well after a year of use.

I pretty much use one bag every day & am not a fan of switching out purses. I carry too much junk essential stuff to move it from one bag to another very often. For the last Fashion Beauty Friend Friday meme I participated in, I showed what I carry inside my purse & that doesn't change much -- check it out here.


But ... every now & then, I do change my purse to go with an outfit. Particularly if I'm going out for the evening. I will use this little leather baguette-style bag which is precisely big enough to hold my wallet, iPhone, & a little makeup. A friend gave me this purse in a clothing swap, & I love all the buckles.


For specifically gothy occasions, I might break out this big vinyl bat purse. It's not very practical in size, but it does look cool. This was a gift from a very sweet coworker.


Then there's this funky, punky little bag that's an army surplus bag I decorated. I don't use it much because I'm not a big fan of crossbody styles. But every now & then I'll drag it out since it's a good all-weather casual purse.


The pins are, from left to right, a "sleep" tab from Doctor Who, the Greater Bay Area Costumer's Guild membership pin, a toreador rose from Vampire: the Masquerade, "Runs With Scissors" (a joke because I sew), & the Pacific Division Championship banner for the San Jose Sharks hockey team, all surrounding a peace symbol patch, because I'm a damn hippie :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love the little baquette purse with the buckles! Your purses run the gamut from Goth to Biker Chick to Hippie - that's a nice variety! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The little buckle purse is such a fave, even if I don't use it often. I can't get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the top two bags -- that second one is just killer! Have you noticed how nice Jessica Simpson stuff is? I'm always impressed with the hardware on the bags and shoes.


    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I was surprised that, when I was looking to replace my everyday bag, that Jessica Simpson one impressed me far more than others. Good stuff she puts her name on ;-)

    ReplyDelete