Friday, March 14, 2014

Weekend RuPaul

I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I love RuPaul & drag queens in general. It takes balls for a man to dress up in high heels, a wig, & makeup in public. And Ru is the most outspoken of them all, with sassy quips that are awesome words to live by. My favourite quote of his is "We're all born naked, the rest is drag" -- which I've turned into a slogan for my costume site as, "We're all born naked, everything else is a costume." Same concept, meaning that clothes are an act of making up who we are, pretending to be something, mask making, presenting a carefully constructed face to the world. I think goths understand this idea intrinsically.

While that's my favorite RuPaul quote, I do love this T-shirt my sweetie got me for Christmas. The gold foil makes it very glam, & who doesn't need that?


What I'm wearing:
"Shantay, You Stay / Sashay Away" RuPaul's Drag Race T-shirt, gift from my husband
Black linen skirt, H&M
Black elastic belt, NY & Company
Black leggings with lace side panel, Torrid
Black socks, unknown brand
Black flats with wings, Plasticland.com
Black & gold medallion earrings, random accessory store
Silver bangles, random accessory store
Brown skull bracelet, gift from my mom
Silver Celtic knotwork ring gift from Lisa



When pop culture memes collide! Jabba the Hut at a local Star Wars themed bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment