Monday, March 31, 2014

For Crown & Country

You should know by now that I'm a complete anglophile. My husband is too -- & he bought me these shoes for Christmas. I'm just sorry it's taken this long to get around to wearing & blogging them. They're surprisingly comfortable, especially considering they're faux leather & have a spindly little heel. Must wear these more often.

What I'm wearing:
Red shift dress, Target | Black cardigan, Chadwicks | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Union Jack shoes, Zappos | Sparkly crown brooch, random accessory store | Silver hoop earrings, random accessory store


The crown brooch has extra meaning. Not only does it fit with the Britannia theme, but recently at a Society for Creative Anachronism event, I was honored with the title of "Baroness." In the SCA, a court barony is a ceremonial title that carries a tiny modicum of prestige, no real responsibilities, & the opportunity to wear a coronet. I'm pretty pleased about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment