Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday Wondering: Retro Style

Prompt: If you could bring back certain fashions or hairstyles that are no longer in style, what would they be? Why do you want to revive them?

I'd bring back more elaborate hairstyles in general -- long and styled hair for men, styled updos for women including curls, braids, and false hair. Whether beehives or poufs or towering edifices, even if just for special occasions like weddings and award shows, I'd love to see these things as more than high-fashion art pieces in the realm of Lady Gaga. 

Maybe it's because I feel so hemmed in by my lack of hair right now. I do know that I always feel more fabulous wearing a tall wig. There needs to be more casual acceptance of that in modern life!

Questions culled from the discontinued Writer's Block feature on LiveJournal.

What I'm wearing: Grey & white stripe cardigan, Forever 21 | Black ruffle-front sleeveless top, Macy's | Grey corduroy skirt, Newport News | Black leather belt, Macy's | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black heeled lace-up boots, Aerosoles | Silver sugar-skull earrings, random accessory store


No comments:

Post a Comment