Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back to Work in Velvet

Silicon Valley is experiencing a cold snap -- OK, cold for here! Mornings are quite frosty, which is unusual. Not like there's snow (that's only happened once in my lifetime), but it *has* been almost freezing overnight.

So velvet was perfectly appropriate, & this jacket even more so because it has pockets to hold my tissues, since my cold still lingers on. But I had a slew of meetings today, so into the office I went. (And for some reason, my full-length photos all sucked, oh well!)

What I'm wearing:
Plum velvet jacket, Newport News via Lisa
Black long-sleeve knit top, Old Navy
Black skirt, NY & Company
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Burgundy suede pumps, Soffit
Pewter & hematite fish necklace, Ann D'Aboise
Jet & pearl dangly earrings, random accessory store


11 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous necklace! Aren't those the fish drains from the Louvre? I think I have a photo of them somewhere in my Paris album.


    I heard about your cold snap! They had a major frost alert in Napa Valley, which is really odd. But alas, our "heat wave" is now over as well and it's super cold here. Keep warm and healthy darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the necklace's design origins, but it was made by a woman who doesn't seem to sell jewelery anymore -- I bought it at a goth convention to wear at my wedding! The fish seemed appropriate bec. of my last name. The artist did make a lot of things from lovely old designs.


    The cold snap has affected California oranges, not sure about grapes, but I'm headed to Napa this weekend & should hear about it at the wineries :) Stay warm out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been warm here (no longer) and you're cold there! What is going on!? You look lovely in velvet and the necklace is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace! I LURVES IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have a lovely outfit today. Purple velvet and a gothic necklace is a great combination. The necklace is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blame global warming for mixing up the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! It's quite special to me, having worn it at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plum is such a great color on you- it's fun and still office appropriate. However, that jacket is so pretty, I think I'd be wearing it just about everywhere!

    ReplyDelete