Wednesday, April 10, 2013

To Tuck or Not to Tuck

I'm not talking drag queens here, lol! I'm talking about tucking shirts into skirts or pants. About 98% of the time, I leave tops untucked, mostly for comfort reasons, partly because I'm a smidge self-conscious about my round tummy. But I will admit that there are style benefits to tucking in a shirt (as Sal points out in this Already Pretty post).

Tucking in a top can make petite lil' me look taller by not dragging down my top half & by raising my waist. The visual line of a tucked top can pleasantly emphasize the waist. Lastly, a neat, tucked shirt can look more polished & professional -- always sharp for the office.

So do you tuck shirts in or leave them out? When & why or not?

What I'm wearing:
Burgundy corduroy jacket with vintage jet buttons added by me, Kohls | Black knit long-sleeve top, Old Navy | Grey & black striped skirt, Nordstroms | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black square-toe patent pumps, unknown brand | Pewter medallion necklace, made by a local artist | Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store




No comments:

Post a Comment