Monday, September 10, 2012

CorpGoth Back-to-School Shopping

Dress from Target
I may not be going back to school (geez, this fall marks the 20th anniversary of my college graduation!) -- but I love to shop, & autumn is when more goth-friendly clothes start appearing in all kinds of stores.

So here are a few things I think would be great additions to a college (well, maybe a highly competitive graduate program) or work wardrobe this season. No, I don't make anything off these links, I just appreciate the styles. Enjoy!

High-low rayon knit skirt, also in petites sizes, at Target, $17.99, in black, deep blue, bright berry, & other colors -- The petites are available in all colors online, but for other sizes, you'll have to go to the store. I just adore a high-low hem, such a sassy style.

Flared jersey tank dress at Old Navy, $29.99, in black & white or black -- The style may not scream "autumn," but think of this for layering with long-sleeve tops, sweaters, leggings, tights, & such. Also, the estimable Sal of Already Pretty recommended this dress as being decent quality, so there ya go.

Ponte knit dress with pleather waistband at Target, $34.99, in red with black waistband, black with black, & other colors -- A classic sheath dress in an easy-to-wear knit. I especially love the contrast red & black.

Jewelneck cardigan at Chadwicks, $39.99, in black & white lace print & other colors -- I have several cardis from Chadwicks & have not been disappointed. They're wardrobe staples, so this one in a cool, versatile print is a must-have.

Shoe from Aldo
Tiered ruffle sweater dress at Chadwicks, $49.99, in red -- Yes, I like red! This dress is hot *and* cozy, how can you resist?

Lace & mesh midi skirt at Spiegel, $64, in black -- So pretty, you could dress it down with a sweater & boots for work or dress it up with a low-cut top & heels for going out.

Red silhouette pencil skirt at eShakti, $74.9, in black & red -- I still haven't bought anything from eShakti, but trustworthy IRL friends & respected bloggers all recommend the site. These gorgeous fall offerings may finally sway me!

Jacket from Express
Patent flat shoe at Aldo, $80, in black -- Perhaps the sexiest flat you'll find. Pointy toe, super-shiny black patent, this is a beautiful shoe that will spice up any office outfit without a high heel killing your feet.

Striped ponte knit one-button jacket at Express, $98, in black & white -- This might be my holy grail of stripey jackets, & if/when I can save up the money, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will.

Ponte/mix fabric zip-front jacket at White House Black Market, $118, in black -- Kind of sexy, but not too much for work, this is a gorgeous jacket that you'd probably wear enough to justify the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment