Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Recommended Reading (Whilst I'm on Vacay)

I'm on a little break from the office -- spent last week indulging my TropiGoth side in Kauai! -- and I'm now relaxing at home, catching up on some projects, everything from renovating the backyard to working on costumes. Thus, no daily office outfits for a while. But I'm still reading your comments (thank you!) & reading all the fabulous blogs out there. Here's some things that caught my eye today...

Allie of Wardrobe Oxygen wrote an excellent post about why she promotes black as a wardrobe staple. Now, she's not goth, but she extols the virtues of this practical & always chic color choice for the working woman. I'm sure you'll agree & probably find some reasons you may not have considered for why you need even more black pieces in your closet.

Meagan of Coffin Kitsch reminds us to accessorize that waistline -- yes, belts! They're really a girl's best friend. A belt makes a shapeless sack of a dress or top into a stylish, figure-flattering garment. Bonus, belts are usually cheaper than a whole new dress or top too, so buy several styles & widths. Experiment & make more out of your wardrobe with belts.

Oh & I've finally joined Pinterest! It's a huge time-suck, but kinda fun in that way -- you can find me here. Feel free to pin from my blog (I know many of my photos already are pinned) or from my costume site. I have a CorpGoth board where I'm gathering inspiration for future outfits too.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I also started with pinterest a little while ago. I think it's a nice idea to save inspirational pictures. I would love to visit your pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for the shout out! Happy Vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Thanks and please keep the delightfully dark work outfit ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I changed the name of my CorpGoth board on Pinterest, but I fixed it now. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete