1. Black tights by Calvin Klein -- These are my absolute favorite everyday hose. I buy a dozen, & they last two or three years before any pairs get holes, stretch out, or anything. Nearly indestructible. Plus, they come in a slightly wider range of sizes than most brands, meaning they fit my petite-plus self quite well. Call me one satisfied customer!
2. Colored tights -- I really like soft colors for tights. The purple & grey get worn most often because I think they add a sophisticated touch to an otherwise dark outfit. These ones are also a great contrast to an occasional pop of color.
3. Fishnets, especially colorful ones -- Black fishnets are classic & are even acceptable in many not-super-conservative workplaces now. But color fishnets are even better for work, imo, because they read less "sexy" & more "fun" & "hip." They're a little unexpected, yet they can blend in at the same time, if you choose shoes & skirt carefully.
4. Stripes -- Of course, I have stripey tights, tho' I don't tend to wear them to the office that much. I mostly save them for weekends & party time. But if I can tone them down in an outfit, the stripeys come to the office. I like 'em in lots of colors (sensing a theme here?) & even vertical.
5. Spiderweb tights -- Oh yes, the spiderwebs can work at work! They're subtly spooky.
6. Lace stockings -- I love lacy tights! But these seem to be the most prone to snagging, tearing, & generally not lasting very long. So I never have more than one pair available at a time, foo. But I'm always on the lookout for more, & they can't be very expensive because I know they'll rip up (even the pricey brands). Ah well, they are so pretty.
What is your favorite kind of hosiery? Best brands? Where do you shop? Let me know in the comments!