Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gothidays 3 - Decking the Halls

And the Professor's challenge marches on!

Every year, I debate with myself about whether or not I'll hang the garlands. It's a hassle to do so -- they always come out of the box tangled, it takes an hour or so to fluff them back into shape, I have to get up on a step ladder to hang them, & they shed little bits of noxious plastic everywhere for me to hurriedly sweep up before the cats eat it.


But the effect is SO pretty, I can't deny it. That's why I almost always do it, unless I'm absolutely, entirely pressed for time. Everyone who comes into the house compliments me on them, even tho' they're the same garlands I've had for 10 years now. Just plain old plastic greenery that I wrapped in with purple or white mini-lights, burgundy wired ribbon & silver wired ribbon (both rescued from our wedding decorations), & silver star-wrapped wire. Seriously not rocket science when it comes to crafting. But great results.




8 comments:

  1. My cats LOVE playing with the Halloween garlands. Lydia kept stealing the little foil ghosts off the one on the banister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spouse was quite excited when I said we didn't have to do our garlands this year. I think I'm going to show him this post and tell him I've changed my mind... LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are quite lovely and I love your room border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty. A wonderful effect! I draped a simple silver garland over our window this year and really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It looks like a castle! Or a Victorian painting! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely worth the effort! Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so nice! Why havent I done that before?? :) I love the border and the trimming in the grey room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ARGH, why must cats eat everything??? It's hard to have nice things when you have cats.

    ReplyDelete