Friday, December 7, 2012

Gothidays 4 - Sentimental Favorites

More from the Professor's theme...

While I do goth-up most of my holiday decor, some things must remain the same as when I was a kid. Certain traditions, a few foods, but mostly, the special ornaments. I treasure my small collection of Christmas tree decorations made by my mom when I was little, way back in the early 1970s. She gave them to me when I moved out after college. Here are a couple faves...

A Winnie-the-Pooh decal Mom added to a blown egg. So fragile!
All the other egg ornaments she made have broken.

Totally psychedelic partridge in a pear tree.
I didn't even understand what this one was as a kid.

Slightly multicultural Santa Claus. It's because the wood was a dark color,
but, as a kid, I figured this was just our hip Santa.

Do you have sentimental favorite holiday decorations? Share the memories in the comments.


2 comments:

  1. I do have sentimental ornaments. I hang some of them every year in the tree. I rescued them when I was about to move from home and mum was going to throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had four siblings, so when Mom bought ornaments she bought 5 similar but different (for example, there was a year of musical instruments of the same size). That way we could each have our "own" to hang on the tree. My parents recently downsized the tree & us kids got to rescue "our" ornaments. They're old and silly, but I love hanging them up.

    ReplyDelete