Monday, November 28, 2011

Hidden Bat Week - Stripes, Dots, & a Bat Pin

Inspired by Kasmira of What I Wore2Day's Hidden Owl Week -- where she wore some piece of owl jewelry or owl accessory somewhere in her outfits each day -- I decided to try Hidden Bat Week. Like Kasmira & her owls, I have a lot of little accessories with bat motifs. Many goths do, of course, but I don't tend to wear my bats in obviously gothy ways. They're hidden.

What I'm wearing:
Grey pinstripe jacket, Target, gift from Lisa | Black long-sleeve T-shirt, Old Navy | Black knit skirt, Target | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black lace-up, spool-heel boots, Target | Black & white polka dot scarf, Old Navy | Black art-deco bat pin, gift from a friend | Black rhinestone hoop earrings, random accessory store | Black & gunmetal cocktail ring, Icing | Chanel Vamp lipstick



 

8 comments:

  1. Cool idea! What a cute little guy. :)

    I love this particular blazer/scarf combo! With those boots to set it off and give it some edge, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coworkers play a similar game with me, only in reverse. It's more "what bat accessory is missing today?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool pin! It really spices up the blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiders are more my thing than bats, but I love that pin! And I'm a fan of those boots. I'm instantly a fan of every outfit in which they appear. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute challenge! If you do this again let me know - I'll try and join you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. VictorianKitty - Yes, I had to wear some punky boots for a more edgy look.

    Tante Fledermaus - Hee, how cool! My coworkers seem rather immune to what I wear.

    LovleAnjel - Thanks, I love that it has a deco flair.

    Traicetrak - Eeek, spiders scare me!

    Sal Kaye - You bet! It was just an idea sparked by Kasmira's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everytime I pop over here, I'm impressed anew by your ability to transform goth into corp-goth. This blazer is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanessa - Thanks! That's exactly my goal ;-)

    ReplyDelete