Thursday, November 17, 2011

Layering Under, Wonder Where, Always There

I don't think my hair looked
this weird in real life today!
Have I mentioned how much I love this dress? Because I do. I've only had it since around March, but I wore it often during spring & summer (more often than I blogged it because, hey, blogging repeat outfits is boring!).

Now I get to change up the look for the cool season. A big shout-out & thank you to Donna of Original Sin Designs for making this dress for me!

What I'm wearing: Black, grey, & white print dress, made by Donna | Black long-sleeve T-shirt, Old Navy | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black pointy boots w/kitten heels, Bakers | Black & silver twisted necklace, random accessory store (honestly, I found this in a jewelry box today & went "huh, I don't remember buying this. how long have I had it? where did it come from? have I worn it before?" weird) | Silver hoop earrings, random accessory store | Black roses cocktail ring, Icing | Grey flower hair pin, Clares | Revlon "Raisin Rage" lipstick (I've been wearing this color -- buying new tubes, duh! -- since high school. that's at least 25 years they've been making it :-)


Do you ever look in your closet or accessories bins & wonder how something got there? Is there something you're still wearing that you've had (or kept buying) for 25 years?

4 comments:

  1. Hi there gorgeous!
    I just started following your blog. I still hang on to my Raybans from the 80´s. I forget them once in a while and they are like a dear long lost friend when I "find" them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Some clothes are still in my wardrobe from the teenage era and have been put on occasionally. I usually don't forget were I got something but sometimes I forgot that I had it. I have a lot of clothes I must confess. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have moments like that all the time...my closet is a vortex that sucks in clothes for months. I can't hang onto clothes for too many years because I wear them out. The only thing that has really survived is the oversized leather motorcycle jacket from the early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 26 year old just gave me back a denim jacket with vintage jewelry I'd had since the 80s (she borrowed it for an 80s party a couple of years ago). It was like finding a hidden treasure chest, and yes, I'm working the long lost jewelry back into my career wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete