Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Casual Wednesday


My department had an "offsite" today -- for those who don't understand corpspeak, this is an event that takes place outside the office & is part team-building exercise, part reward for doing a decent job all year. The point is to go somewhere, do things together that aren't related to your jobs, & hopefully have fun. And we did!

The editorial team went to a goat farm on the coast, where we had a tour, met a bunch of adorable goats, learned all about how goat cheese is made, & then we "made" some cheese ourselves. Really, we just pressed soft cheese into forms & added edible flowers & herbs. Then we had a big lunch.

Since I knew this was happening, I wore something casual, like what I'd wear on the weekends. Plus boots I didn't mind getting mucky & stepping in goat poop with (which happened a lot)...

What I'm wearing:
Black Yahoo! Editorial hoodie
Black long-sleeve T-shirt, probably Target (tag is long gone)
Cotton cat-print skirt, Phlirt on Etsy
Black leggings, American Apparel
Black & white stripe scarf, H&M
Silver earrings, Target
Pink flower hairpin, Forever 21
Black ankle boots, Aerosoles


Our department had the hoodies custom made. While I'm not a big fan of logo apparel, I dig this one because it says what I do & I'm proud of my job. You have to stand behind your work, y'know?

The skirt is just too cute. I am something of a crazy cat lady, & I don't mind acknowledging that a little bit.

Really, this outfit is about letting the world know who the hell I am. I don't have a problem with that.

4 comments:

  1. Love crazy cat lady skirt.
    That etsy shop has some cute skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the Phlirt shop sent the skirt fast. It's well made, reasonably priced. Simple cotton skirt, but a nice style, very wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love that skirt - those cats remind me of my late black cat, Othello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two cats, both my hubbi & I wear tons of black, our furniture is all dark upholstery, & of course, we *don't* have black cats! The kitties we found at the shelter years ago who we loved most are mixed black/white/grey. Fate!

    ReplyDelete