Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day to Evening

My husband & I were going to dinner at a fancy restaurant after work, so I planned an outfit I could wear pretty much as-is from the office to dinner (we were stopping briefly at home first to feed the cats, so I might change shoes, but not enough time for a complete change of clothes; besides, what PITA).


What I'm wearing today:
Black & grey knit dress, Style & Co. from Macy's
Black cardigan, Macys
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Black round-toe pumps, Payless Shoe Source
Red leather purse, Liz Clairborne from DSW
Black beaded necklace, Target
Silver hoop earrings, random accessory store
Red-brown lipstick, Lorac

A word about these faaaaaaaabulous tights. I really must buy a bajillion more pairs because I only have two right now & these are, hands down, the most comfortable tights I've ever worn. I wear black tights all the time, year round, so I'm always buying them, but I'm a cheapskate & tend to grab ones from Target or whatever is on sale. There was some huge sale at Macy's, which is how these designer hose ended up in my house.

OMG, best tights evar! So comfy, such a perfect fit, even on my short 'n curvy bod. The medium size (I think it's called "B/C") is just right for my weight without being insanely too long for my little legs. The waistband is wide, smooth, stays put, & does not pinch or pull. The ankles don't sag. I've had these tights for maybe 6 months, worn & washed them dozens of times, & they're holding up great. Highly recommended!

4 comments:

  1. ummm... that dress is amazing! and good tip about the tights. I'll be on the lookout at Macy's for a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The dress has the bonus of being comfy (it's a heavy knit), which was great for a long day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just recognized that dress! I always knew you'd rock it. ;)

    ReplyDelete