Thursday, February 24, 2011

At the Office in Body, if Not in Spirit

My brain is still back in Kauai, *sigh*. We arrived home late last night, & I had to get up early today for the carpool, so no outfit post. Besides, I'm bundled up in a sweater & jeans because it's cold here, especially compared to the balmy Garden Isle. In fact, snow is predicted for Silicon Valley -- like, flakes might actually touch the valley floor (not just sit on the hills, which happens every couple of winters). This hasn't happened since I was a kid in the 1970s. Omg!

Good thing I'm working from home tomorrow & can bundle up with the kitties. And with my new espresso maker ... I received my 10-year-anniversary gift from the company a month early. Wow. Fabulous timing & a nice way to stave off the "boo hoo, back at work after vacay" feeling. I can't complain too much.

While I dream of brewing my Kauai beans, I'll leave you with a few iPhone pix until I get the full TropiGoth outfit photos of the real camera.

On my birthday at Roy's Grill -
they printed a special menu message!

The view from our condo.
On the beach, last day in paradise.

Thanks for all the comments everyone left while I was gone! I'll be catching up with your posts for a while.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You look like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your martini matches your dress! ;-D Wish we could see more of the dress though - the colors in it look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I hope you got enough island fun to tide you over the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelia - Yep, it was a much-needed recharge of the ol' batteries.

    Kathleen - Hee, that wasn't planned but I love pink as much as cosmos ;-) I do have full outfit pix on the camera for later.

    LovleAnjel - Thanks, I hope so too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mahalo and welcome back. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete