Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Velvet in Summer

Kind of breaking my own rules here, but isn't that what rules are for sometimes? This skirt is swingy in a colorful velvet that matches so well with the floral top (yay for matchy-matchy!), so I couldn't resist wearing it even when the temperatures outside are in the '70s to low '80s Fahrenheit. Also, I knew I'd be meeting girlfriends for drinks after work, so I wanted to wear something pretty & fun, yet comfy, & this combo meets those criteria. Sometimes an out-of-season fabric can work.

What I'm wearing:
Dark floral knit top, H&M  Burgundy knit velvet skirt, NY & Company  Black elastic belt, NY & Company  Black tights, Calvin Klein  Black leather T-strap flats, Aldo  Black sparkly necklace, random accessory store  Silver medallion earrings, random accessory store  Burgundy flower hair pin, random accessory store



No comments:

Post a Comment