FBFF Questions for 02.11.11 - This week, it's the color wars, courtesy of ModlyChic and sponsored by We Love Colors.
1. What color dominates your closet?
Black, duh! Accent colors are purple, burgundy, grey, & white.
2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?
Hell no. I'd just buy better quality black. Richer, darker black. Black as my soul. Black as my heart. Black as my hair (oh, & I'd dye my hair more often -- no more greys showing!).
3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
This is kind of old hat: Gothic Color Theory. Black + one color is pretty much my everyday stance. Black + two colors is, like, whoa, edgy, crazy, out on a limb, someone's making a real effort here.
4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
Start with a black piece (say, a skirt) & add a color around it. Accessorize with color & maybe pattern. Colored accessories, especially jewelry, sometimes tights (not as often because it's hard to find colorful tights that fit this petite-plus-size gal; sorry, We Love Colors, your sizing for me is just "meh"). I love colorful shoes & want more.
5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
Many people, no, most people wear more colors than I do. But bloggers whose sense of color jives best with what I would wear include Audi of Fashion for Nerds & Vanessa of Big Girl. Small Town. Tiny Budget.