Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hippy Dippy Gothic Trippy

Here's a rare weekend outfit worthy blogging. Really, it's all about the parasol -- the rest of the outfit is just my HippieGoth tendencies showing through. Altho' it's also a step up from my old weekend gear of T-shirts and jeans or shorts. I wore this ensemble for running errands whilst taking the bus (being that I don't drive a car), so this parasol was required on such a sunny, but not horrifically hot, day. I bought this beauty at the recent San Jose Renaissance Faire.

What I'm wearing:
Purple print top, Crazy Shirts in Kauaii
Black tiered skirt, gift from Lisa
Black jeweled flip-flops, Mootsies Tootsies
Black beaded necklace with purple shell flower, bought in Waikiki
Black shell earrings, Kohl's
Black skull & crossbones bracelet, gift from my mom
Purple flower hair pins, random accessory store


3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love what you did with your hair here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice! I've never seen people carry parasols outside of the Bay Area and our local Bat's Day and I really don't know why. They're very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photographer Leia - Heh, I'd just washed my hair & piled it up! But I do like to wear my hair up & with a few flowers or other ornaments when I'm running around. Thanks.

    lazysubculturalgirl - I figured all goths carry parasols in the sun :-) I don't always bec. it can be a bother to carry when I'm going in & out of shops. But if I have to walk more than 2 blocks, oh yeah, I'm using a parasol.

    ReplyDelete