Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stripes for Going Back to the Office

It's never any fun going back to work after vacation. Never ever. So I tried to make the day a little more bearable by wearing pretty clothes.

What I'm wearing:
Black & white striped silk blouse, made by Donna, fabric from Sarah | Black crochet trumpet skirt, Coldwater Creek | Black elastic belt, NY & Co. | Black & white ankle-strap, peep-toe pumps, American Eagle | Black & silver chunky beaded necklace, Target | Purple heart-shaped dangly earrings painted with bats, made by a local artist | Purple & grey flower hair pins, random accessory store

What do you wear to perk yourself up at work?

8 comments:

  1. This is quite possibly my favorite outfit that you have posted on here - ever. You look absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this is an AWESOME outfit! Love the stripes, love the circus-trim and shape of the skirt, and love the matching heels! 10/10 for this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice shirt! The structure is very slimming. I must go back to looking at Coldwater Creek catalogues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look, a striped blouse is always so elegant ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a GREAT blouse! You look awesome! I hope you get lots of compliments at work for your fabulous style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look freakin' amazing in this outfit. The trumpet skirt shape is fabulous for you.

    <3

    -d

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photographer Leia - Why thank you!

    Hexotica - Glad you can see the seaming on this skirt, it's a great touch. But I didn't want to lighten the photo too much to bring it out.

    LovleAnjel - It's amazing, sometimes you can find the gothiest things at the most random of places!

    Madame Macabre - I just *had* to snap up this fabric when a friend was cleaning out her stash ;-)

    GothBarbie - Heh, so few ppl notice or really see me much at work! That's one of the reasons I started to blog.

    angldst - Thanks, sweets! Glad I could finally wear this blouse you made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with everyone -- this is a fantastic outfit. And you look amazing. The striped shirt is perfect.

    I tend to wear something I've never worn to work before or something new, to try to perk myself up.

    ReplyDelete