Thursday, August 18, 2011

Leggings Are Not Pants

This outfit dangerously skirts (hah) the above-stated rule. But I was taking the bus to work today, so my footwear options were limited. I didn't want to wear tights, so no skirts or dresses. I just did not feel like jeans. So that kind of left me with leggings & figuring out a suitably tunic-like top that covered my backside. This just barely made it.

What I'm wearing:
Burgundy sweater with satin insets, Anthropologie, gift from Sarah | Black lace-trimmed camisole, unknown brand | Black leggings, Newport News | Black flip-flops, Old Navy | Gold with burgundy enameled shield-shaped necklace, local artist | Black & pink dangly earrings, random accessory store

And I'm wearing flip-flops to work. Not even jeweled sandal flip-flops. Yeah, really skating thin ice here. I'm bored of dressing for summer! I want all my spring/fall clothing options back. More shoes, more tops, more layers.

August is traditionally the hottest month of summer here, & while it's still nothing as terrible as the rest of the U.S. gets, I'm done with it.

*shakes tiny fist in sky*

4 comments:

  1. Hey, if it covers your ass, your ass is covered, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and WHERE did you get that necklace?? I WANTS IT. Or one like it. ;)

    (hi I'm tipsy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit and I want your necklace!

    I wear leggings a lot with all those mini-dresses that are too small to cover my huge ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - Yep, ass is covered! Necklace was from a Berkeley artist selling at one of those bead shows my mom takes me to. Ya gotta come next time.

    bauhausfrau - Me too, I usually wear leggings w/little dresses (clearly they're meant for teenagers, yikes!).

    ReplyDelete