|Tombstone at Holyrood House, |
- I dye my hair black (even tho' it's almost naturally black).
- I only wear dark, dark lipstick.
- I only wear black eyeliner.
- My favourite authors are the Bronte Sisters (original Gothic novels, yeah!).
- I love bats & skulls (but I hate spiders!).
- I love cemeteries & crumbling churches.
- I have been depressed a lot of my life.
- I buy Halloween merchandise most every year (best item this year: skull damask tablecloth from Target).
- I love old-school goth music like Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, and Siouxie and the Banshees.
- I sleep on dark sheets (black, purple, black & white stripe).
- I painted the walls inside our house dark colors.
- I love velvet (both wearing it & using it in home decor; we have a velvet-covered couch, velvet bedding, and velvet curtains).
- I prefer silver jewelry.
- I love cats (we have two).
- I enjoyed playing Vampire: the Masquerade -- in fact, my husband (then-boyfriend) & I used to run a live-action game.
- I don't wear pastels.
Now, for more fun, here are some ways I deviate from goth cliches!
- I'm not afraid of the sun, in fact, I regularly take tropical vacations.
- I really dislike industrial music.
- I kind of hate most goth clothing brands (I'm looking at you, Lip Service).
- I'm not into piercings.
- I enjoy wearing blue jeans.
- I still don't get elegant gothic lolita.
- I'm totally over goth clubs, seeing live goth bands, & most any goth music made after 1995.
- I absolutely despise tiny top hats (remember my rule: your hat must be bigger than my fist or I will punch you!).
- I mostly hang out with non-goths.