Monday, March 18, 2013

Iron Red

I'm irritated by knits that need to be ironed, like this red dress. It's due to a cotton or rayon mix in the material (can't tell with this dress because there's no tag). And I do prefer natural fiber content because it feels better on the skin & has a prettier drape. But it's just more a bother to care for than 100% synthetic fiber. Ah, the price we pay.

Being a knit, I can't hang the dress in my closet because then it would stretch out. So I have to fold it in a drawer, & it gets wrinkled. Thus, before each time I wear it, I have to give the dress a light ironing so I don't look like a mess. Irritating, but necessary!

What I'm wearing:
Red knit dress with high-low hem, Macy's | Black elastic belt, NY & Company | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black knit military-style jacket, Macy's | Red Murano glass heart on black glass bead necklace, made by me | Jet cross earrings, vintage | Silver & garnet poison ring, eBay




No comments:

Post a Comment