Friday, May 27, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday - 05.27.11

A good haircut, circa 2009.
May 27: This week, the topic is hair care, courtesy of ModlyChic.

1. How often do you get your hair cut?
About once a year. I'm a damn hippie, & I've always hated getting haircuts. I wait until I absolutely cannot stand how scraggly the ends are getting, then I have a few inches chopped off.

2. Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?
I tend to go to the same stylist, & he's at a somewhat posh local salon. He does a good job, & he doesn't care that I want the same cut every year. Plus, he doesn't pressure me to get a trim every 6 weeks like other stylists used to do. I freakin' hate that! You're not my dentist, no, you can't schedule a follow-up appointment right now, kthxbye.

3. Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color?
I haven't had my hair my "natural" color since I was about 14. Of course, my hair is naturally very, very dark brown, almost black, so when roots grow in, they hardly show. The grey hairs show more. I've been dyeing it solid black for the past, oh, 10 years (tho' I had it black at different times before that). I've also had my hair various shades of red, natural & un-, plus black with hot-pink streaks, & I've shaved large portions of my head.

4. The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is:
Air dry! Never, ever use a blow dryer unless I want mega-frizz & damaged hair.  Also, leave-in conditioner (fave. is by Beauty Without Cruelty).

5. What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock?
I've occasionally wanted a Louise Brooks type pageboy bob, but the two times I tried that cut, it looked horrid on my face & didn't work w/my hair's texture. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment