Thursday, September 4, 2014

Stripey Obsession

With August's Mid-Month Status Report, I could have just said "stripes," but I wanted to mix it up & give myself a real challenge. Stripes would have been too easy. I have a lot of stripey items of clothing. In fact, I made a little inventory. As of this moment, I own:
  • 1 pair black & white striped leggings
  • 4 striped long-sleeve knit shirts (black & white, black & purple, black & red, black & pink)
  • 1 black & white striped blouse
  • 1 black & white striped knit maxi skirt
  • 1 black & red striped knit maxi dress
  • 2 striped non-knit skirts (black & white, black & grey)
  • 2 black & white striped dresses
  • 4 striped cardigan sweaters (black & white, black & purple, black & pink, grey & white)
  • 2 black & white striped knit jackets
  • 1 black & white striped non-knit jacket
  • 2 pair striped flat shoes (black & white, black & pink)
  • 2 pair striped tights (black & purple, black & burgundy)
  • 1 black & white pair striped earrings
  • 3 striped scarves (black & white, black & purple, black & pink)
I also have a bunch of stripey knee-high cotton socks I only wear with historical costumes, & I've made four 18th-century costumes in striped fabric (black & purple, black & white, pink & white, black & red). I've also owned a couple black & white Victorian bustle costumes in the past, made by others.

Addiction maybe? If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.

What I'm wearing: Black jeweled-neck T-shirt, Macy's | Burgundy tiered skirt, bought in London | Black & burgundy stripey tights, WeLoveColors | Black patent pumps, thriftstore | Black & silver skull bead necklace, DisneyLand | Pewter key earrings, made by me


No comments:

Post a Comment