Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Colorblocking My Way

The term "colorblocking" has been quite trendy in mainstream fashion for a couple years now. I chalk it up to an 1980s revival (anyone remember these looks? I lived through them, oi).

Well, I prefer my own version of colorblocking -- simply wearing a color with black. Some fashion gurus pronounce dire fashion foibles in this style, such as the look bisects your form & distracts the eye or somesuch. But I don't care. I also think that I do this style carefully & consciously by incorporating the color throughout the outfit, usually with similarly colored shoes to the top element. And, of course, my type of colorblocking is a cornerstone of Gothic Color Theory #2.

What I'm wearing:
Pink blouson top, Chadwicks
Black crochet trumpet skirt, Coldwater Creek
Pink & black pumps, Irregular Choice, bought in London
Black beaded waterfall necklace, Torrid
Pewter key earrings, made by me
Silver & garnet poison ring, eBay



No comments:

Post a Comment