Monday, July 9, 2012

Stepping Back Into the Office

Last week, my husband & I took a road-trip through Northern California to the Oregon coast, in what is becoming an annual tradition around the Fourth of July. It was inspired by an SCA event near Gold Beach, OR, & we stop at various sights along the way & back (frankly not spending a lot of time at the SCA event ;-). My pix from the Lassen National Park, Redwoods State Park, & Oregon coast portions of the trip are on Flickr.

And here's me, back at the office. I pre-programmed last week's blog posts since I had a few things I'd written & photographed but never posted. Hope you enjoyed those.

What I'm wearing:
Black & purple paisley tunic, Chadwicks
Black camisole, Old Navy
Black elastic belt, NY & Company
Black twill skirt, MetroStyle
Black satin sandals, Two Lips
Amethyst necklace, gift from my husband, bought in Kauai
Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store
Black & gunmetal cocktail ring, Icing



One of our stops included a spa day, where I got this lovely pedicure (such a treat, I hardly ever get them done!). I like to paint my toenails bright colors in summer, so they show up. Do you paint your toenails? Do ever get pedicures?

12 comments:

  1. You look adorable! And I am loving that necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I really love this outfit on you! You look divine in purple, and the cincher belt accents your curves beautifully. And let's talk about that necklace! *SWOON* *DROOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tunic is beautiful! The colors just pop.

    My stepmother-in-law treated me ans my SIL to a pedicure over Memorial Day weekend and I had to get painfully neon iridescent pink polish. It was ridiculously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love this outfit! The purple toes are fabulous.

    I have never had a pedicure (I don't like people touching my feet), but I do my toes every week or so - I love bright colours! I am currently wearing "sticky-note yellow".

    Sheila (Ephemera)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - I've wanted a necklace like this since I was a little girl, so I was thrilled when my sweetie indulged me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, pedicures are such a treat! Wish I could get them more than, oh, once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, bright yellow toes sounds about right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sandals - they show off your beautiful polish colour so nicely! And I agree with Mary, that belt really is great with the tunic.

    I splurge on a pedicure in June, July and August - by then, we're back into boots up here ... meh.

    P.S. Do you remember the name of the polish colour? I'd love to try that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm.... don't know the polish color but I seem to recall that the place used OPI brands! Oh & unfortunately, these sandals broke that day too -- had them for 5 years. Not sure if the strap can be repaired, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would wear this outfit from head to toenail. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just choose the right color and i believe purple can be the most attaching color in this world and i also love it very much!

    ReplyDelete