Monday, July 16, 2012

Sew a Repeat

I don't normally blog repeat outfits, but what the heck. I do love this dress. And this necklace. Both were made by friends -- the dress was sewn for me by Donna, the necklace made for me by Lisa, two of my wonderful alt.gothic.fashion cohorts. I specifically chose these pieces because after work I planned to go buy a new sewing machine. I wanted to not only wear something comfortable for a longer day, but I wanted totems of creativity to give me luck.

What I'm wearing:
Black, grey, & white dress, made by Donna | Black camisole, Target | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black round-toe pumps, Target | Purple & black scissors medallion necklace, made by Lisa | Silver hoop earrings, random accessory store

Take a look at my costume blog for the full story of what I used to sew with & what I finally bought today. Also, check out my new CafePress store with silly sewing-related T-shirts & more! I plan to add some CorpGoth themed items in the future.


3 comments:

  1. That is a seriously pretty necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous necklace. My first "on-line" presence in the early 1990s was in the IRC world and my name was "Scissors". Even though I don't sew I still think scissor accessories are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that dress is awesome.
    Congrats on your new machine! The modern computerized ones can be so nice.

    ReplyDelete