Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gothidays 1 - the Gargoyle

The Professor has a holiday challenge this year: "Show us how you celebrate or don't celebrate the holidays. Do you completely 'goth-ify' the season or do you opt for a more traditional holiday? Show us what you celebrate and how you celebrate it."

I love this idea! However, I rarely get my holiday decorations up this early in the season -- too busy &/or lazy. I've never been one of those people who decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I'm lucky to have everything decorated the week before the holiday! But oh yes, I do mix up a liberal dose of Halloween style with Christmas, always have, so this week, I'll share some pix of years past...

This gargoyle watches over our living room year-round.
At the holidays, he gets a Santa cap & watches over the stockings. With care.
Just a little example of how my everyday gothic decor gets a touch of Christmas sprinkled around. Do you add holiday touches to things that are always in your house?


14 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the Santa hat on the gargoyle!!! I do the same thing -- I give my hanging bats candy canes to hold. :) Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :D We have a skeleton in our window all year through and I give him a santa hat every year too xD I'm so curious what the neighbors think when they walk by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I'm not Goth but I do appreciate a good gargoyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, this one was given to us as a wedding gift by my (very not goth) aunt who's an interior decorator :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our skulls get Santa hats this time of year. I also bought some Jack & Sally stocking a few years ago to hang up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - somebody else who decorates their gargoyle for Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Gargoyle! I must find a new one myself. We had a creaky old fellow my gentleman bumped when untangling Halloween webbing. He was beyond repair. :-( I have Santa hats for my human sized skulls, and the rest get wrapped in garland...and the boy stays far away from them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee! Good luck on gargoyle hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gargoyle, very cute!

    ReplyDelete