Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Black & Blue

I almost didn't photograph this outfit (again, yeah, I'm kind of in a rut right now -- rushing to work, not thinking much about what I wear). But it turned out OK, & I had a smidge of time. I usually wear this dress on weekends because it's rather lightweight & casual. It cleans up nice tho'.

What I'm wearing:
Black & blue print knit dress, Target | Black camisole, Old Navy | Black boyfriend cardigan, Chadwicks | Black elastic belt, NY & Company | Black round-toe pumps, Target | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Silver medallion necklace, vintage Avon, eBay | Pewter square earrings, made by a local artist | Silver Celtic knot ring, gift from Lisa | Grey flower hair pin, random accessory store

The barista at the work cafe said I looked like Frida Kahlo this morning. I think because of the flower in my hair (no, not because of my eyebrows :-P). Anyway, it was a nice compliment, & I'll take it.

9 comments:

  1. totally the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the hair, the flower and the big chunky necklace - you just need a big full skirt and some embroidery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necklace: WANT. Can't handle it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pendant! I'm always amazed by how you achieve to look well dressed even those mornings you have to rush. And talking about PJs in your previous post; I guess that I'm almost doing that, wearing comfy jersey knits every day. But have you seen those ugly OnePiece? People looking like giant teletubbies, that is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your hair piled up like that. It's different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this same necklace on eBay again -- Avon had some good stuff, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm getting braver about wearing my hair up to work -- at first, I thot it was too messy, but it's so easy to do & actually does look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly does clean up nice! Love the whole look, and I'm with VK on wanting that pendant!

    ReplyDelete