Friday, December 17, 2010

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday - 12.17.10

My first foray into the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions, started by ModlyChic. The topic this week is "holiday party attire."

1. Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year?
Well, my husband & I had invitations to two parties, but for various reasons, we haven't been able to go to either! We did go to one holiday choral concert a fancy theater where his father was performing, so I dressed up for that. I hope we can go to the NYE part we're invited to.

2. What is your go-to holiday party outfit?
A little black dress. This season's for me is this knit wrap ruffled dress from Chadwicks. Both comfortable & elegant, easy to dress up with fancy hosiery & heels. Very flattering too.

3. Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year?
Not really. I like to wear the same kind of dresses I'd wear at any time -- nothing crazy-short (just to the knee), a bit of cleavage for an evening event but not scandalous, high heels.

4. If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess?
A bottle of wine, probably J. Lohr Valdique because it's my local favorite, so it has a good story. 

5. If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year?
The only recent trend I really dig that applies might be wedge heels, & I did wear the awesome buckled peep-toe wedges I bought during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales with that little black dress. Might again!

Anyone else have a holiday outfit they love or are looking forward to wearing?

3 comments:

  1. I have a very old strapless Betsy Johnson dress that I wear way too much for the holidays and other special occasions. It is black lace and chiffon. I usually dress it down with a black blouse under it (I guess this also relates to your previous post about layering summer dresses).

    It is my favorite dress.

    Sadly, I'm going to the same party to which I went last year (with the same people) so I need to find another dress asap. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several really nice velvet pieces I switch up for the holidays. Usually I'll break a suit up and wear the bottom to one party and the top to another to get more mileage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. siouxsiel - Betsy Johnson, how fab! I had a bunch of her stuff second-hand in the late '80s. Any way you can accessorize, throw a jacket or wrap on over the dress to make it look different for the same party?

    lovleanjel - Oh, breaking up a suit is a great idea! Very smart.

    ReplyDelete